Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Blog Stage Two

kxan - New Voter I.D. Law Won't Affect Turnout

Apparently, an expert has come to the conclusion that the new Voter I.D. Law, which requires all Texas voters to present a valid Texas I.D to vote, will not affect voter turnout. It's interesting reading how the expert came to this conclusion, which seems rather impossible to me. Some argue that Republican's motives behind the law are at least partially racial. It could definitely benefit the Republicans if some of the minorities in Texas were unable to vote come election time, seeing as minorities make up a large sum of the Democrat's votes. This article is definitely a must-read. It actually reads into both sides of the argument. In my opinion, this is an argument all Texan's should be in-the-know about.

No comments:

Post a Comment